What is the Code of Conduct?
The Code of Conduct for registered migration agents is set out in legislation to regulate the conduct of registered migration agents. It prescribes agent’s obligations towards clients.
Provision for a Code of Conduct for migration agents is set out in Section 314 of the Migration Act 1958 and is prescribed in Schedule 2, Regulation 8 of the Migration Agents Regulations 1998.
To access a full copy of hte Code of Conduction, please visit the link below:
Code of Conduct for registered migration agents (419KB PDF)
What are our obligations under the Code?
Under the Code we have a range of obligations covering:
- our interactions with clients
- our fees and charges, record keeping and financial management
- our responsibilities toward other agents
- any employees we may have
- the requirement that we respond if a complaint is made against you