As we known NSW has made some changes in regard to the Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) application process for this financial year, such as using online application system, issue 4 intakes ONLY throughout each year.
After experiencing some technical issue with the 1st intake due to huge demand (1000 places snapped up within the first 45 mins of opening), NSW is ready to open the 2nd intake of the year for the Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) program on 22 October, 10:00 AEDT (UTC+11 hours).
The highlight of this intakes is the NSW Skilled Occupations List (NSW SOL) has been updated, which excludes following occupations:
Occupations listed below will not be considered for the October 2014 round of applications.
|Occupations temporarily suspended from the SOL for October 2014 intake|
|ANZSCO code||Occupation||Occupation group|
|221111||Accountant (General)||Business & Finance|
|221112||Management Accountant||Business & Finance|
|221113||Taxation Accountant||Business & Finance|
|261111||ICT Business Analyst||ICT|
|263111||Computer Network & Systems Engineer||ICT|
|263312||Telecommunications Network Engineer||ICT|
According to NSW State Migration, the above occupations took up nearly 75% of the 1000 spots for the 1st intake, so it is expected most applicants will have far better chance to get one this time.
Having said that, you never know what’s going to happen until then and you better act fast to secure a spot.
Following are a few things I think you can prepare in advance to help you better prepare before the opening date:
1. Beware of the time difference: the application opens from 10am (AEDT) on 22nd Oct, which means it is 7am if you are in WA.
2. Have a fast and stable internet connection and a backup computer in place (maybe have a friend to help you during the process, double checks every details while you entering all the information into the system)
3. Have Google Chrome installed and Bookmark the application link page – remember every second counts here. It will be a little tricky to find out the right page for the link when you are under a stressful situation.
4. Make sure you have completed your EOI and have a reference no. in place
5. Make sure you have all the supporting document scanned in pdf format and not larger than 25 MB.
6. Read the Essential Information provided on the NSW Skilled Nomination website
Wish you all luck!