Ministerial Intervention

You can make a request for ministerial intervention if you have received a decision by a review tribunal. The Minister has powers that allow him to intervene to replace a review tribunal’s decision on a person’s case with a decision that is more favourable to that person when he thinks it is in the public interest to do so.

The minister generally only intervenes in a relatively small number of cases. For you to get any chance of success, you need to demonstrate there are unique or exceptional circumstances exist that you should remain in Australia.

Click HERE to book a Ministerial Intervention Case Assessment online!